SPONSOR: www.linkedin.com/in/joseph-joe-ledford-03407421/ PS 62 In God is my safety and my glory. Trust in him at all times, O my people! Pour out your hearts before him; God is our refuge!
PHOTO COURTESY: http://sarahscoop.com/scoop-real-housewives-dallas-leeanne-locken/
I love the "Real Housewives of Dallas." Okay, not all of 'em.
Those who don't watch won't care either way what I'm about to reveal, but those who DO may be shocked: I love LeeAnne Locken.
Yep, the "Elvira-if-she-was-supermodel" looking LeeAnne. Isn't she gorgeous?
Yes, I know she's as feisty as a rattlesnake and lots of folks think her over-the-top-ness is just, well, too far over. Not I. I appreciate that she's bold and she's loud and she's honest. Sure, she says things she shouldn't. Like a LOT.
But then again, don't we all do that, sometimes? At least she's clever about it. In fact, I like to refer to her as Mistress of the Snark. Either way, I love her for these simple reasons:
1. She is loyal. Not every southern belle would just stand by her man in 2019 after repeated accusations of infidelity. LeeAnne never batted an eyelash extension when her dude was called out. She believes in her retired-cop/new hubby and those who don't like it can kiss her cactus. Also, her true friends know she will always take up for them, too...unless they really chip her off, which I don't recommend.
2. She is REAL. I never realized it being a Yankee and all, but apparently Dallas high society is just this side of royalty? Seems as though there are real-life Jock & Miss Ellie Ewings running the place; each with their mansions, minks, and multi-millions, Yet, this Texas tough girl isn't afraid to look or act different than her very expensive jetsetter clones, I mean counterparts. She even proudly embraces her humble beginnings that include a topsy-turvy childhood as the daughter of a carnival worker.
3. She is hilarious, as evidenced by her tagline: "I'm a true Texan. No bull but all horns."
4. She is a giver. Say what you want about her but it is UNDENIABLE that LeeAnne devotes a majority of time to charitable causes. And she is happy to give back; in fact, she is driven by it. Doing the most good she is able seems to be an Olympic sport to her? And she's golden at it.
5. She's got a great heart. Sure, she mouths off ...excessively and sometimes not with event a hint of grace... but at the end of the day, she always comes back around to the Good Book. She's got Christian values, an eclectic spirit, a passion for advocating on behalf of victims, and a true desire to find and exude peace. LeeAnne's often overheard quoting her favorite bible verse: Acts 2:25 =I have pitched my tent in the land of hope. "Everyday I wake up with a heart full of hope!" she beams.
And THAT is why I love LeeAnne. Now if she would just stop stirring the pot in said tent, things might be a little more copasetic with the other RHOD.
#BeTrue #HaveFaith #Smile #Pray #Peace