I’m sure you’ve heard of it by now.
I mean, it’s quickly become phenom in its own right, a’ight?
The show title alone sounds all-at-once powerful, intriguing and evocative: Yellowstone.
No, not the national park. The Paramount program that is my new obsession.
Please do not tell me you have zero familiarity with this series or I’ll have to call in the Calvary.
Look, don’t take my word for it. Tune in yourself Sunday nights to find out why:
1) Kevin Costner is just as va-va-va-voom today at age 66 playing cattle ranching magnate/family matriarch John Dutton as he was portraying crazy-cute catcher Crash Davis in “Bull Durham” (then aged 33) in 1988. In fact, maybe even a tad more hubba hubba hottie with that gravely growl and those perpetually perfect blue peepers. Oh my.
2) Luke Grimes is the new Kevin Costner. Oh my my. MY.
3) Yellowstone is the single greatest ranch since South Fork on “Dallas” – actually, it makes the Ewing Ranch look like a one-bedroom flat in Flatbush, folks. Yellowstone is yowza, yo.
4) The Rip/Beth love story is EVERYTHING. It’s “Romeo and Juliet,” “When Harry Met Sally,” “Bonnie and Clyde,” “!0 Things I Hate About You,” and “Casablanca” all rolled into one. Only better. Oh, and speaking of Beth..
5) Kelly Reilly? The British beauty whom I first loved as Mary Watson in “Sherlock Holmes” is literally baddest boss babe on the boob tube. Or anywhere else. Like, ever. Don’t challenge me on this one…or her, if you know what’s good for you.
It’s the most popular television show since, um, I don’t know, let’s say “The Walking Dead.”
You’ve never seen that, either? Hmm. Okay.
Well, then, I suppose I’d call it the hottest program since “Breaking Bad.”
WHAT? You don’t know from huggable/hateable, heinous and heroic Heisenberg?
I’m guessing if you don’t watch “Yellowstone” and didn’t see TWD, BB or then you surely didn’t catch “Stranger Things” either.
Sheesh. Stay home once in a while, will ya?
Well, well, well. I guess y’all just aren’t as hip as old PK?
Okay fine, I’m not necessarily all that hip…except for that my left one is really starting to bother me when it rains. Seriously.
I guess I’m not particularly trendy. Or clever. Or stylish. Or relevant.
That is to say, I don’t sit at the cool girl lunch table.
In fact, I wouldn’t have even heard of a single one of them if someone hadn’t suggested them to me.
Someone who IS, in fact, pretty popular. Someone with whom everyone, and I mean everyone from old farts like me to wee ones and clearly including every female between the ages of say 17 and 58 (and ewwwww to the latter group, BT Dubs) is instantly enamored.
Someone everyone not only immediately likes, but is also smitten with straightaway --- and frankly, crushes over.
Someone I gave birth to exactly 22 years ago today, because 12/6/99 was the date on which I DID debut my single greatest premiere– my son Kyle.
To say he has the leading role in my world would be the biggest understatement in the history of…er, history. #ItalianMoms
Yeah, I know everyone thinks they’re kid is the best kid. But in my case, it happens to be an actual fact.
Disagree and I’m gonna go all Beth Dutton on y’all, Capisce? Happy birthday, kiddo … you’re the perfect production. Period.
Kimerer is a columnist who makes gushes over her offspring an artform. Contact her for boisterous babbling about her boy at www.patriciakimerer.com