SPONSOR: www.linkedin.com/in/joseph-joe-ledford-03407421/ Jn 15:16 I chose you from the world, that you may go and bear fruit that will last.
Aw, who am I kidding? This is on my "Urgent Deliverables List" every single day, Capisce?
You may be aware that today is #WorldSuicidePreventionDay
It's important to recognize because suicide is a tragedy that is now at epidemic levels. We gotta do better.
In addition to being open to signs of depression and other mental illnesses among your family members and friends, might I humbly suggest a lot less judging of the other humans...and a ton more hugging them, instead?
There are so many people I'd love to hug RIGHT THIS SECOND. One of them is Tyler Joseph.
Joseph, half of the duo comprising the band 21 Pilots (Josh Dunn is the other half) is a voracious suicide prevention advocate. He is the group's lyricist and often writes songs about fighting internal demons. I feel he tries to reach young --and maybe not so young-- people and encourage them to embrace and choose positives over negatives in life.
Here's my summation of the key things he wants us all to remember:
1. God is real and He's pretty cool.
2. We all have demons, struggles, fears, doubts ... it's okay. Just fight through yours because you are strong and brave and smart. Never stop fighting.
3. There's no shame in asking for help when you need it. Find it and take it.
4. Life is your only option --- and it's beautiful even though it will never be perfect. So relax and stop trying to make it flawless.
5. Obliterate negative thoughts with positive outlets: music, dancing, singing, drawing, writing. Do what fills, lifts, and lights your mind and soul and there won't be any room for darkness.
A song from the band's most recent album "Trench" called "Neon Gravestones" is an anti-suicide anthem and a perfect listen for today. I think it's beautiful and compelling and brilliant and powerful; but you decide for yourself: www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QB3rvtN7Sc Courtesy: 21 Pilots & BBC Radio 1
P.S. I'd really love to hug Josh, too. #WorldSuicidePreventionDay #Hug #Love #21Pilots #Pray #Peace
9/10/2019 04:32:28 pm
Beautifully written. I am devastated over those we have lost to suicide. May the Dear Lord Bless all those who struggle with mental health issues.
Leave a Reply.