Sponsored by email@example.com
PHOTO COURTESY: Google Images
You may know her, you may not. You may love her, you may not. I know who she is and much about her from her very public starring role on Bravo TV's "Real Housewives of New York City."
In fact, Bethenny Frankel is my favorite of all the housewives among all the offerings in the franchise. NYC is the coolest show and Bethenny is, by far, my top housewife. Except, of course, that she's not a housewife.
This single mother is chef by trade but is also an entrepreneur extraordinaire and mogul; creator of the "Skinny Girl" line of alcoholic beverages, foods, jeans, etc. She is also an amateur property flipper and is the founder of the non-profit Be Strong organization which helps women in crisis all over the world. I love her because she did it own her own; she didn't marry or inherit money. And once she became a gazillionaire, she did what good peeps do -- she paid it forward. She's been a Martha Stewart Apprentice, Danced (and Skated!) with the Stars and had her own short-lived talk show. Impressive.
All that being said, Bethenny ain't easy, yo. She's crass and brash and honest to a fault. She's no-holds-barred and shoots it straight, whether you like it or not. I'm sure she'd be rough from time to time as a boss or a wife or a BFF but she'd sure take care of you when the chips were down. She's passionate and hilarious and loyal, despite being burned many, many times. Most recently by former BFF and complete Benedict Arnold Carole Radziwill. She's been rotten to Bethenny all year. I digress.
She's not perfect. Bethenny definitely says some cutting things. And yes, a few days before her intermittent boyfriend, NYC businessman Dennis Shields was found dead in an apparent overdose of Oxycontin, an episode of RH of NYC aired in which she mentioned loving Shields although he wasn't necessarily the one for her. After his death, the onslaught began. Many on social media and even in the mainstream media are saying her comments somehow prompted the tragic end result. Look, here's all I know:
1. It seems perhaps Mr. Shields had something of an issue with this problem, given the fact that he had the emergency OD-reverse drug Narcan at the ready in his apartment. Sadly, it was administered too late.
2. RH episodes are filmed MONTHS in advance of airing; the duo probably not only spoke since Bethenny made those comments but likely reconciled and broke up several times afterward; that was their history.
3. It's unfair to blame a person for an impulsively, irreversible bad choice made by someone else -- even if it was their significant other.
4. We are ALL going through our own struggles. Shields, Bethenny, you, me, the grumpy old neighbor lady whose always yelling at you for no apparent reason. All of us are delicate at any given moment; even a tough girl like Bethenny. We're all just doing our best, Capisce?
5. Try to remember how fragile life is: speak kindly, love boldly, laugh heartily, and consider the potential consequences of your actions. Always be kind to the humans on planet earth; beginning and ending with you.
6. PRAY; you just may be surprised how much it helps the person for whom you're praying...and YOU.
7. Shut your big fat yap, Carole Radziwill.
#TeamBethenny #BeKind #BeStrong
PS 148:1-2, 11-12, 13, 14 R. Heaven and earth are filled with your glory. Praise the LORD from the heavens; praise him from the heights. Praise him, all you his angels; praise him, all you his hosts. Let the kings of the earth and all peoples, the princes and all the judges of the earth, Young men too, and maidens, old men and boys, Praise the name of the LORD, for his name alone is exalted; His majesty is above earth and heaven. And he has lifted up the horn of his people. Be this his praise from all his faithful ones, from the children of Israel, the people close to him. See 2 Thes 2:14 God has called you through the Gospel To possess the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.