GRATEFUL GIRL'S THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Today is my Pop's birthday. I'd post a photo of him but he's a very unassuming guy...he doesn't like all that muss and fuss, yo.
However, here's pretty much all you need to know about my Pop:
1. Though he teases her mercilessly, my Mom is the love of his life and his best friend.
2. He loves his family more than anything. His three grandchildren (pictured as left) are the light of his life, period.
3. As much as he loves the lot of us; he will put us in our places when we need it, Capsice?
4. His youngest grandson (the one who lives with me) is pretty much his 'mini me.'
5. He's the most Patriotic American you'll ever meet.
6. He is solid with the Big Guy upstairs.
7. He's a black belt in Karate and a whole bunch of other stuff I can't pronounce, so don't mess with his fam (see rules #1 & #2).
8. He is my hero.
Happy Birthday to the toughest man I know; I love you, Pop!
Jn 14:21-26 Jesus said to his disciples: ..."Whoever loves me will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our dwelling with him. Whoever does not love me does not keep my words; yet the word you hear is not mine but that of the Father who sent me..."I have told you this while I am with you. The Advocate, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send in my name— he will teach you everything and remind you of all that I told you."